Shallow base 8"
Inset Light, Shallow Base 8", Mounting System
- High quality aluminium alloy preventing from galvanic reaction and corrosion
- Installation of inset lights in flexible and non flexible pavements by means of glue-in or epoxy method
Shallow Base - Wet system
- Central 100 mm hole
- Flat bottom design or socket piece available
Shallow Base - Dry system
- One-piece waterproof with one or two lateral cable entries (watertight PG cable glands)
- Shallow bases are sealed by means of an appropriate resin that maintains a certain flexibility after having cured
- Dedicated installation jig allows correct positioning and leveling of the base
- Secondary cable between light fixtures and isolating transformer passes through cable conduits (tubes) and a vertical cable entry into the shallow base
- Alternative method: lay cable in saw cuts (kerfs) filled with resin
- Inset light or cover will be fastened with 2 or 4 screws
- Starting torque for lubricated screws is 25 Nm to max 30 Nm
- 0.5 m length pigtail with FAA L-823 receptacle. Opposite cable end allows easy crimping connection to secondary wires within saw cuts
- Wooden covers are available for temporary installations
- Blind aluminium and steel covers for durable installation in areas with overrolling traffic
ERNI After Sales Service is at your disposal for any complementary information on installation procedure.
Compliance with standards
Datasheet Shallow base 8"
Deep Base/Can for inset & elevated lights
Tools inset lights